The Dickson-Stephens Leadership Institute [DSLI] is named for two of the original leaders of the YMI in the late 1800's. The purpose is to provide non majority leaders between the ages of 22- 35 with a skill set to become transformational leaders. Training, fellowship,mentoring and project based learning are key building blocks of this 10 week program.
Individuals can expect the following benefits from their participation in DSLI:
- The opportunity to build relationships with other non- majority emerging leaders in Asheville- Buncombe County committed to improving outcomes in the Black community
- The opportunity to build a relationship with a mentor, aligned with their personal and professional interests
- The opportunity to network with established local and national African American leaders
- Educational training on issues pertaining to the African American community, including racial identity development, Black culture and history, education, criminal justice and economic development
- The opportunity to increase credibility and visibility within your professional field, the African American community and Asheville City Buncombe County at large
For more information regarding criteria for admission, please contact Dr. Lamar Hylton; email@example.com. Spring 2014 Enrollment is now closed.
Enrollment for Fall 2014 begins June 2014. Please re-visit the website for updates.